- Active and Passive Laser Enclosures
- Lightweight modular, scalable design – – saving life, preventing injury, – preventing damage to infrastructure
- Retrofit to existing rooms/enclosures
- Rapid turnkey solution using proven design
- Conforms to laser safety standards EN/IEC 60825-1 and ANSI Z136.1
The Laser Jailer is an active laser safety system which combines an inherently fail-safe laser detection technique and Lasermet’s proven laser Interlock® control system technology to create an active laser guarding system which is fail safe to Machinery Directive Standard EN13849-1.
The system is designed to contain a high powered laser beam in a laser enclosure which is smaller and lighter than would otherwise be necessary. It comprises of an outer passive enclosure and an inner active enclosure made up of detector tiles which are connected to Lasermet’s ICS Interlock® system.
Lasermet’s fail-safe technology isolates the laser safety input in less than 50ms. The laser machine responds to this laser termination signal and laser radiation is terminated – the actual laser termination time being dependent on the laser machine in use. Read more on active laser safety applications…
Virtually any size of active laser enclosure can be accommodated from small enclosures to full, room-size laser shelters containing robot welding machines. The fully commissioned laser cabin will then act as an effective laser barrier and beam stopper to confine the laser beam within the laser protective cabin.
Benefits of active laser detection from Lasermet
- Inherent Fail Safe Technology
- Conforms to the Design Safety requirements of EN13849-1
- Conforms to EN60825-4
- Provides maximum protection
- Proven technology
- Standard or custom designed
- Easy to maintain
- Rapid availability
- Reduces building infrastructure
Description of the Active Laser Safety System
The active laser guard – Laser Jailer – comprises of a laser safety enclosure which is lined throughout with laser beam detector tiles. These panels, which also act as a laser shield, are connected to the Lasermet active safety control system, the laser safety Interlock® controller, so that if a stray laser beam impacts on one of the tiles, the Interlock® will isolate the laser safety input in less than 50ms. A laser warning sign on the front of the laser cabin shows if the laser is on or off. Laser Arming and Emergency Stop buttons are also installed on custom laser enclosure door.
Remote monitoring of active laser guarding systems
This schematic shows how the active safety system can be integrated with the ICS Interlock® system which can have the option of being monitored via the internet.
The system is certified for use in accordance with EN 60825-4.
The system is designed to conform to the requirements of BS EN ISO 13849-1:2008 and conforms to the following European Directives:
- Machinery Directive
- Low Voltage Directive
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive
To specify the Active Laser Guarding System you require, the following items must be addressed.
- Specification of the laser
- The intended use of the laser
- The dimensions and specification of the laser safety enclosure A large laser enclosure may need estimated measurements for quotation purposes
- Identification of relevant safety interlocks -doors, switches, maglocks.
Call Lasermet today if you would like to know more about the system, or if you have an application where you may need the Laser Jailer.