All dentists and clinics in Wales operating Class 3B or Class 4 Lasers, are required by law to register with the Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW).
This covers Clinics offering IPL and laser treatments for Hair Removal, Skin Rejuvenation, Thread Vein Treatment, Tattoo Removal etc and dentists who use lasers as part of their dental procedures – this is in addition to the Private Dentistry (Wales) Regulations 2008 (if you have registered with the HIW as a private dentist but have not registered your laser, you must submit a further application to the HIW).
LASER PROTECTION ADVISOR SUPPORT
It is a requirement of HIW registration that an LPA is contracted to the practice/clinic and provides a safe system of work (such as local rules) and ongoing safety advice.
Our support package covers:
- An Annual site inspection and audit
- Provision of Local Rules
- Provision of a Risk Assessment and Action Plan
- Ongoing support from RPA2000-certificated LPAs
If you are a Clinic offering skin treatments, we can also provide EMP Support (Expert Medical Practitioner), which includes:
- Medical Protocols for each laser and IPL treatment you undertake
- Advice regarding contraindications and adverse reactions
- Access to ongoing support from the EMP
We include a registration service if you are contracting Lasermet for LPA services and are not yet registered with the HIW, this includes:
- Help with filling in all of the HIW application forms
- Advice on supporting documentation – what you need to do and when you need to do it.
We also provide you with policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Statement of purpose
- Patient’s guide
- IPL / laser safety policy