CQC for Dentists
REGISTERING YOUR DENTAL PRACTICE WITH THE CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC)
If you’re setting up your own dental practice, taking over an existing practice, or are not yet registered with the CQC, and you are struggling to know what Care Quality Commission registration means, you need Lasermet to help with CQC registration for your practice. We’ll tell you what you need to know, what you need to do and when you need to do it by.
Since 2005 Lasermet have helped over 1000 businesses through the process of registration with the CQC and we have worked hard to develop a service that not only makes the process of registration less stressful and time consuming, but crucially provides on-going support to reduce the burden of regulation once registration is achieved.
CQC Registration is a legal requirement under the Health & Social Care Act 2008. If you practice without being registered with the CQC you will be committing a criminal offence.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CQC REGISTRATION
The application process involves the completion of forms and the submission of evidence that will highlight whether the practice can meet the 28 Essential Standards of Quality and Safety. You will need to know what these standards are, what you are doing to meet the standards, and if you are unable to comply with the standards, what you are going to do to improve.
You will need to know what you do as a practice to promote equality, diversity and human rights and how the views of your patients influence the services you provide.
If this seems daunting, then what you need to know is that Lasermet can help! We’ll advise you on what the standards are, look at what you do, and show you ways in which you can demonstrate compliance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO ABOUT CQC REGISTRATION
You’ll also need to do things like a CV, professional references, medical references and a financial reference. You’ll need to make sure you have access to the premises’ lease agreements, insurances and risk assessments. You’ll need to ensure staff records are complete and that key personnel have up-to-date and appropriately authorised CRB checks.
We know what you need to do and when you need to do it. We’ll help with your CQC registration by signposting you through the whole process, ensuring that the things you need to do get done in the right order, and at the right time.
THE LASERMET SOLUTION
The sooner we have you on board, the sooner you can relax in the knowledge that your CQC application is in the safe hands of our dedicated team of advisers. Once we receive your contract we will:
- Assign your dental practice with a registration adviser, who will visit you in person to introduce you to the CQC’s Essential Standards, build up a profile of your practice, assemble evidence in support of your application and guide you through CRB checks, professional references and medical reports
- Provide you with Policies and Procedures that ensure your practice will meet the 28 Essential Standards of Quality and Safety
- Provide you with a Statement of Purpose (a document that outlines the aims and objectives of your practice)
- Provide you with a service user’s guide – a comprehensive guide to your practice which patients can take away
- Come back to see you again to finalise your application so that it’s completed and submitted on time
- Provide you with continuous support, ensuring that you are never more than a phone call or email away from our highly experienced team of Registration Advisers to provide you with help on any aspect of your CQC registration
Now that you have registered with the CQC you will need to ensure that you maintain compliance with the CQC’s Essential Standards of Quality and Safety
Lasermet carries out CQC compliance assessments and provides ongoing help and support to ensure you continue to comply.
Lasermet has developed a service which provides on-going support to reduce the burden of regulation once registration is achieved.
Our aim is to minimise the time you spend on maintaining CQC compliance by providing you with guidance and support from our team of highly experienced advisors. We achieve this by providing you with a comprehensive support package, which includes:
AN INITIAL CONSULTATION
- We will assign your practice with a Registration Advisor who will visit you and, through a set of targeted questions and observations, will build up a profile of your Practice in order to establish your level of compliance.
During our initial consultation we will provide extensive guidance on CQC regulation including the provision of an Action List prioritising anything you need to do to be compliant, or improve compliance.
COMPREHENSIVE EASY-TO-FOLLOW PAPERWORK
- Following the Initial Consultation, we will issue you with :
- Policies and Procedures covering the 28 standards of quality and safety including the Department of Health’s guidelines on infection control
- Service User Guide – A comprehensive guide to your services which patients can take away
- Continuous Support – Throughout the whole process, you will have unlimited access to telephone and email support from our team of advisors at Lasermet.
ON-GOING HELP AND SUPPORT
The CQC will review your service every year to assess whether essential standards continue to be met. Our aim is to ensure that your Practice remains compliant by providing you with:
- A Yearly Support Visit
- An Audit and Review of Risk Assessments
- Guidance on CQC Self-Assessments Support for CQC Inspections
- Update of Policies and Procedures
- Unlimited Access to Telephone and Email Support
You must maintain the required CQC standards and we can help you do that.