DURATION: BETWEEN 6-8 HOURS INCLUDING QUESTION-TIME AND DISCUSSION OF LASER SAFETY TOPICS
This one-day advanced course covers safe working practices for users of lasers and is aimed at scientists and engineers using lasers in the laboratory and in industry.
It will also be of use to safety advisers, managers of laser users, and product designers as well as recently appointed (LSOs) Laser Safety Officers, or those looking to become an LSO or Laser Responsible Officer (LRO).
The main topics are:
- How lasers work
- Basic laser hazard awareness
- Laser classes and control measures
- Laser eyewear
- Duties of the Laser Safety Officer
- Legal Requirements for a company under IEC 60825-14: The User guide
- Examples of Maximum Permissible Exposure and Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance calculations
At the end of the course is a multiple choice exam and a chance for discussion about specific laser needs.
All course attendees receive electronic notes and a certificate of attendance.
Instruction will be provided by experienced lecturers and laser safety professionals from Lasermet Ltd.
COURSE DELIVERY ONLINE
The training course is delivered live online by our in-house laser safety consultants using Zoom.
Pre-booking and payment is required via the online shop. Payment can be made by PayPal, Credit or Debit card.
- Greater than 10 days prior to the course – 80% refund
- Between 48 hours and 10 days prior to the course – 50% refund
- Within 48 hours of the course or non-attendance – No refund
Lasermet reserves the right to refuse transfer to another course in the event of cancellation or failure to attend. If space is available, the next scheduled course may be offered at a re-booking fee of £50. Once the re-booking fee has been paid, no refund will be given and no further transfer option provided if the candidate cancels or fails to attend the rescheduled session.