In Northern Ireland, all clinics offering IPL and laser treatments for Hair Removal, Skin Rejuvenation, Thread Vein Treatment, Tattoo Removal etc., are legally required to register with the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA).
One of the requirements of RQIA registration is that an LPA, or Laser Safety Advisor, is contracted to the clinic to advise on a safe system of work and provide ongoing safety advice. An EMP, or Expert Medical Practitioner, is also required, whose role it is to provide medical protocols and ongoing medical advice.
Our LPA and EMP service provides the solution to the requirements of the RQIA and includes the following:
- A yearly inspection and audit of the site
- Provision of Local Rules
- Provision of a Laser Safety Risk Assessment
- An Action Plan for the premises
- Provision of Medical Protocols for each type of treatment
- Advice regarding contraindications and adverse reactions
- Ongoing support from both the LPA and EMP
- A complete set of policies and procedures
REGISTRATION WITH THE RQIA
If you are not yet registered with the RQIA we can also provide a registration service which includes:
- Help with filling in all of the RQIA application forms
- Advice on supporting documentation – what you need to do and when you need to do it
- On-going support throughout the whole process of registration.