The Lucas Laser Castle® is an Optical Table Top Enclosure for laser safety that fits onto rails located on an Optical Table
- It is provided as a flat pack so that it can be built and installed by the customer.
- The end panels are attached with magnets so that they can be easily removed for access.
- The enclosure sits on rails that are attached to the optical table so that either of the inner or outer units can be slid back and forth for access.
- Once correctly built it is fully compliant with the laser safety standards BS EN IEC 60825-1 making it a Class 1 Product for Class 4 Lasers
- It is fitted with a dual channel Interlock® Control system with an LED warning sign.
- Internal height from the table to the roof is 600mm
- Standard sizes are 1.2 x 2m or 1.2 x 4m but custom sizes are available on request
Functionality Overview of the Concept of the Table top enclosure for optical tables
Internal view of the Lucas optical table enclosure and a typical optical table
The Lucas enclosure is mounted on rails either side of the optical table using the table mount holes located on the extreme edges. This means that that minimum table space is used. The internal view of the enclosure shows the two cable inlet ports designed to house laser cables and any other services required by the user.
The optical table shown above is a typical example of optical table suitable for the Lucas Laser enclosure.
For specific requirements contact Lasermet with the dimensions of the table.
For longer and larger optical tables, the Lucas enclosure can be doubled up so that a mirror image of the enclosure shown above can be used in addition.
The following larger system is the Lucas 1.2 x 4m
The following ratings are for Lucas enclosure
PEL (T2) 100 s