If you are based in London and are offering IPL and laser treatments for hair removal, skin rejuvenation, thread vein or tattoo removal you may need a Special Treatment Licence from your Local Authority before you are able to use your equipment. In order to grant the licence, your Council (usually the Environmental Health department) may ask you to follow a set of standards that will ensure that the treatments you undertake are done in a safe and controlled way. This includes employing the services of an LPA (a Laser Protection Advisor) and an EMP (Expert Medical Practitioner).
Lasermet can help you to fulfil the standards required by your Local Authority and supply you with the evidence you need to support your application for a Special Treatment Licence.
This is exactly what we provide:
Your LPA will:-
- Visit your Clinic to undertake a site inspection and audit
- Provide you with a set of Local Rules
- Write a Risk Assessment for your IPL/Laser Treatment Room
- Provide an Action Plan to highlight anything you may need to do before the Licence is granted
- Always be on hand to offer ongoing support
Your EMP will:-
- Provide you with a set of Medical Protocols for the treatments you undertake
- Give you written advice regarding contra-indications
- Provide you with support should a client experience an adverse event or reaction