Registering your Clinic with the Care Quality Commission
If you are performing procedures such as laser lipolysis, skin resurfacing, circumcision, breast augmentation or reduction, tummy tucks, face lifts, rhinoplasty, or are a private doctor offering consultation services or doctor treatment services (including travel vaccinations), then you will need to register with the Care Quality Commission.
CQC Registration – What you need to know?
Since 2005 Lasermet have helped over 500 businesses through the process of registration with the CQC* and we have worked hard to develop a service that not only makes the process of registration less stressful and time consuming, but crucially provides on-going support to you and your staff in order to reduce the burden of regulation once registration is achieved.
The application process involves the completion of forms and the submission of evidence that will highlight whether your facilities and service can meet the 28 Essential Standards of Quality and Safety. You will need to know what these standards are, what you need to do to meet the standards, and if you are unable to comply with the standards, what you can do to improve.
You will need to know what you do to promote equality, diversity and human rights and how the views of your patients will influence the services you provide.
If this seems daunting, then what you need to know is that Lasermet Regulatory Solutions can help! We’ll advise you on what the standards are, and show you ways in which you can comply.
CQC Registration – What you need to do!
You’ll also need to do things like a CV, professional, medical and financial references and you’ll need to make sure you have access to the premise’s lease agreement, insurances, and risk assessments. You’ll need to ensure staff records are complete and that key personnel have up-to-date and appropriately authorised CRB checks. Overwhelmed yet?
Then Lasermet Regulatory Solution’s Registration Advisers are on hand! We know what you need to do and when you need to do it. We’ll help with your CQC registration by signposting you through the whole process, ensuring that the things you need to do get done in the right order, and at the right time.
CQC Registration – When to get us in!
The sooner we have you on board, the sooner you can relax in the knowledge that your CQC application is in the safe hands of our dedicated team of Registration Advisers. Once we receive your contract we will:
- Assign your business with a Registration Adviser, who will visit you in person to introduce you to the CQC’s Essential Standards, build up a profile of your facilities, assemble evidence in support of your application and guide you through CRB checks, professional references, medical reports and financial references.
- Provide you with Policies and Procedures that ensure your facilities meet the 28 Essential Standards of Quality and Safety
- Provide you with a Statement of Purpose (a document that outlines the aims and objectives of your services)
- Provide you with a Service User’s Guide – a comprehensive guide to your service that patients can take away
- Come back to see you again to finalise your application so that it’s completed and crucially submitted!
- Provide you with continuous support, ensuring that you are never more than a phone call or email away from our highly experienced team of Registration Advisers to provide you with help on any aspect of your CQC registration.
*Previously the Healthcare Commission