LPA and EMP Support for IPL & Laser Clinics
If you are offering IPL and laser treatments for hair removal, skin rejuvenation, thread vein or tattoo removal you may need a Special Treatment Licence from your Local Authority before you are able to use your equipment. In order to grant the licence, your Council (usually the Environmental Health department) may ask you to follow a set of standards that will ensure that the treatments you undertake are done in a safe and controlled way. This includes employing the services of an LPA (a Laser Protection Advisor) and an EMP (Expert Medical Practitioner).
Since deregulation, most clinics using lasers and IPLs have not sought help from certificated advisors to assess whether the treatments they carry out are done so in a safe and controlled environment. Furthermore, many clinics are unaware that clients on certain medications with certain clinical conditions cannot be treated using an IPL or Laser.
Ensure your business stands out as a beacon of excellence by putting the safety of your patients in the capable hands of our skilled and competent LPA and EMP support team.
The Lasermet Solution
Lasermet can help you to fulfil the standards required by your Local Authority and supply you with the evidence you need to support your application for a Special Treatment Licence.
This is exactly what we provide:
LPA SERVICES AND DUTIES
- Initial and annual site visit, inspection, and audit
- Provide you with a set of Local Rules
- Write a Risk Assessment for your IPL/Laser Treatment Room
- Provide an Action Plan to highlight anything you may need to improve
- To act as an external independent source of expert advice on laser safety
- To ensure that your laser or IPL continues to be used in a safe manner.
- To help you ensure that you are informed of and continue to maintain compliance with laser safety legislation
EMP SERVICES AND DUTIES
- Provide you with a set of Medical Protocols for the treatments you undertake
- Give you written advice regarding contra-indications
- Always available for on-going support
- To act as an external source of reference advising on client suitability for treatment
- To provide you with an independent assessment in the event of an accident or adverse incident
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
In addition to our advice, Lasermet provide a complete set of policies and procedures to set up your business for safety and success.
Can you tell your clients that your IPL and Laser Treatment IS risk assessed by a Certified Laser Protection Advisor? or that the medication you use IS Verified by an Expert Medical Practitioner?
Gain and maintain that trust by showing your clients that you have:
- You have technical advice and support for the safe use of your equipment from a Laser Protection Adviser that can be checked.
- You have up-to-the minute medical advice from a GDC registered Doctor – the EMP
- That with LPA and EMP back-up their risk of treatment-related problems are reduced
Remember, this is how you build your reputation.